Thursday, June 14, 2012

My Etsy-versary!

It's hard to believe I listed my first item in my Etsy shop 1 year ago this Saturday! I've loved every minute of it and I'm ready for more! Thank you from the bottom of my heart for supporting my passion this past year! Let's celebrate together! Take 20% off any purchase in my shop through the end of the weekend :) Use code MYETSYBDAY at checkout.

10 things I've learned about owning a Small Handmade Business:

1. It takes a lot of work!
2. If you love the work, it doesn't feel like work :)
3. Be patient...hard work pays off!
4. Network, network, network!
5. Don't undervalue what you make.
6. Promote yourself!
7. Find local shows that fit your brand.
8. Find Inspiration Everyday
9. Continue to hone your craft.
10. Don't be afraid to leap into a new adventure.

Now, let's eat cupcakes!

8 comments:

  1. Happy Etsyversary! Congratulations to you, it does indeed take a lot more hard work than you ever think it will! Totally agree with eating cupcakes...that is the best reward of all!x

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is indeed a milestone. I don't remember much about my 1st anniversary - didn't pursue it as I do now. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on your first year!
    And I agree...it doesn't feel like work when you love what you do :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats and Happy Etsy-versary:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy one year!!! woohoo!just found you via etsy blog team. I'm just so happen to be staring the celebration for my one year blogaversary with an ridiculous giveaway. Swing on by to enter. So happy I found you Rhianna....not sure how we were missing each other on the team. Congrats again, Pam

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you all so much for the sweet comments!! It feels good to reach this milestone and still be hopeful for the future of my little business :)

    Pam, thanks for the info on the giveaway and thanks for visiting! Congrats on your one year blogaversary as well! It takes a lot of hard work to be a blogger :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...