Monday, June 11, 2012

Moonrise Kingdom Illustration Round-Up

I saw Moonrise Kingdom on Saturday with my hubby and I adored it! It's strikingly unconventional and such a visual treat. I fell in love with the quirky cast, Sam being my favorite. Sam is a walking "Khaki Scout" guide book...the kind of person you'd want to have alongside you on a camping trip :) After a series of pen-pal letters to each other, Sam and Suzy decide to run away together into the wilderness. Luckily Suzy has Sam to show her the ropes, but catastrophe and adventure follow as a storm is headed their way... I won't give away too much, so I'll stop there! You will fall in love.

So, here is some Moonrise eye candy created by some very talented illustrators just to give you a taste:










  



As soon as I got home Saturday evening I started creating an Etsy Treasury based on the movie and had so much fun searching for pieces that reminded me of it. Here's what I came up with...


If you've seen the movie, I'd love to hear your take on it! If you haven't seen it, I think you'll enjoy this offbeat little gem :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...